Thursday, November 20, 2008

Poor Puppy!

Anyone who has spent five minutes with Kennedy has probably met her beloved puppy. "Puppy" (we are so original) was given to Kennedy by my grandparents for Valentine's in 2007.


She has always liked stuffed animals. Which I am convinced is because I really do not like stuffed animals. Something about how they are everywhere and there isn't a good place to put them. I know I have issues, that's for a different blog! Anyways "Puppy" is different than any other stuffed animal. In fact we have purchased too many other animals in an attempt to give poor puppy a break. And although in the store it seemed successful, hours, no minutes later we realize we have been fooled. Just another animal to her collection...

When Brad went to Iraq in May of 2007, "Puppy" became even more important to Kennedy. Kennedy sleeps with "Puppy" every night. Her favorite part of "Puppy" is his tail. I joke that one day we will get rid of the rest of "Puppy" and keep the tail. And my daughter will carry around a grungy, old, little tail!

On Wednesday night, the girls and I were waiting for Brad's arrival from work. I had just fed Kylie and was burping her. Kennedy loves to be anywhere her sister is. Even if that means right in her face. And where there is a Kennedy, there is a "Puppy." So of course Kylie has a projectile spit up episode and it lands right on "Puppy."

Oh my goodness if you could have seen Kennedy's face. You would have thought "Puppy" died. Her bottom lip was puffed up and out (the one thing this child got from me is the ability to pout with the best of them.) And then she starts crying.

I have named this time of day the bewitching hour. I am sure most parents, especially moms, can relate that this time of day is crazy. It is right before daddy gets home, right before dinner, right before bedtime, so tears and tantrums are common during this hour.

I quickly grab "Puppy" and throw him in the wash for a much needed bath. I pass Brad in the hall, which was the perfect distraction my little drama queen needed.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

That's hilarious! Great story!

Rebecca said...

i completely agree about that time of day!! i want to put a sign on the door for rhett to read when he comes home saying, "caution: potential meltdowns ahead!"

Patty Smith said...

Too funny! What is going to happen when Kylie baptizes Puppy from the other end?