Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Week

Whew! What a week it has been. I cannot honestly remember what we did the first part of the week because the rest of the week was so crazy! It was lots of fun though and I am so thankful for the craziness.


On Wednesday the girls and I drove to Las Colinas around 5pm to pick up Brad from work so we could head off to Abilene. Let me tell you though the hours prior to that were absolutely insane. It is always hard packing for my family. I have to pack for all four of us because Brad's idea of packing is throwing random clothes in the back of the car and tada he is packed! So I "get" to do it all. I am always so afraid that I have forgotten something. I want so badly for my house to be clean when we leave. However, after packing and searching for certain hats, boots, clothes, etc. it is not always as clean as I would like.

So the girls and I headed to Brad's work and then off to Abilene. The ride down there was pretty good, considering we have a newborn and a two year old. We arrived at my parents house around 9pm. Kennedy was so excited to see Nana and Poppy! She loves spending time with my parents.

The next morning we woke up early and began cooking all the yummy foods. I was not working quick enough for my mom and sister's taste. It's not like I had to take breaks to feed, dress, and comfort my children! Anyways, we had fun teasing each other. My mom and I called my sister our sous chef because she did a great job chopping and preparing our ingredients.
Here we are taking a break from cooking to take some pictures.I love my husband!
Here are the girls!
This is my Aunt Wanda with Kylie!

I am so thankful for my parents. This is the first time in a very long time that we have been able to spend Thanksgiving with my family. It was so much fun!

The next morning the Lewises headed to Brad's deer lease. It has become a tradition that all the guys who hunt there bring their families and we all have a big Thanksgiving dinner. This was our first time to participate.

On our way out of Abilene we stopped at Walmart to buy bottled water. I normally avoid Walmart but in west Texas there are not many options.

We drove into the parking lot and we could not believe our eyes. We knew no one would believe us. So we took a picture. That's right ladies and gentlemen, someone drove their tractor to Walmart!

I decided from there I would document the rest of our journey. I took pictures of the signs of the small towns we drove through.Here is Munday, Texas. Next we have Megargel, TX.

This is my personal favorite, Olney, TX. I know you can't really tell but the sign says, "Welcome to Olney, home of the one arm dove hunt!"

When we arrived at the lease we were quickly introduced to everyone. It was great to meet all the guys Brad talks about. We met a couple named Ryan and Stephanie. They have two little girls. Allie Beth is five years old and Addison is 19 months.

Kennedy had a blast with Allie Beth. Allie Beth had an little ford truck that you can drive. She drove Kennedy around all the camp. They had so much fun!

Kennedy saw deer, quail, hogs, and turkeys. She even went to the blind with Brad and Bryan. She lasted for 45 minutes before realizing she didn't have her puppy and needed to return to the camper.

I had a lot of time to bond with Kylie. She was extra sensitive to the cold and wind so we stayed indoors most of the time. She is really such a joy. Her little personality is coming out. It is so fun when she smiles at you.

Overall it was a great time as a family. We were all very tired. I knew that Kennedy needed to go to bed early, but before I could even suggest it she had fallen asleep on the couch!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Great synopsis! I can't wait to see you again for Christmas! Love you!

Angela Meierhofer said...

So glad you guys had such a good holiday. I think you needed that! We miss you guys though.