Sunday, October 5, 2008

Daddy say no.....



Kennedy has earned the nickname little turkey. She is too funny.


She can be quite dramatic. She is extremely strong-willed and stubborn (I know payback is no fun). In fact my mom recently told my sister that when she had me she thought there would never be such a strong willed child, that is until I had Kennedy.

There are moments when I want to pull my hair out, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I have to work very hard to convince her it was her idea or that she is doing some special task.

For example, Kennedy has recently become scared of things. I am not sure if it is legitimate or make believe. Sometimes at bedtime she will cry that she is scared of the monkeys. What monkeys we do not know. Daydream believer Monkeys? Ten little monkeys? Not quite sure.

So in order to get Kennedy to sit in the cart when we go grocery shopping I told her she needed to protect Kylie from the monkeys. I know this is probably wrong and somewhere a child psychologist is crying, but I have to be creative.

Kennedy's newest thing is telling on mommy and daddy. Brad and I generally watch TV in different rooms because call me crazy but I don't enjoy watching the History Channel.

Kennedy has figured out how she can use this to her advantage.

For example, say that Kennedy wants a piece of gum and Brad says no. Kennedy will come to me and with her saddest puppy dog eyes cry, "Daddy says no gum!"

Or maybe, "Mommy says no outside!"

or "Daddy says no candy!"

It is hilarious!

1 comments:

Patty Smith said...

You guys are so great. I am glad that you are making a record to remember all the "silly" and "sweet" things they do. I am so thrilled that I have such wonderfully creative children. You didn't inherit this talent from me, shucks. Love ya, Mom