Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Nana!



This Sunday is my mom's birthday! It is a special number but you would never know. In fact when we were at the hospital before we had Kylie, the nurse asked if my mom was my sister. My mom looks so great! I am so thankful that I have her genes and hopefully I will age as well as she does.


My mom is such an inspiration.


She inspires me to be a better mom. I have always had an very close relationship with my mom. I pray everyday that my girls are as close to me as I am with my mom. My mom is my best friend. She is my confidant. Not a day goes by that I don't talk to my mom on the phone. She gives me advice and tells me the truth even when I don't want to hear it. I was talking to a friend the other day about our house growing up. I never remember our house being messy. My mom is such a good housekeeper. I know this comes from her servant's heart. This is true even when she comes to visit me. My houseguest will be in my kitchen cleaning or doing laundry. And all the while she has a huge smile on her face.


She inspires me to be a better wife. My mom and my dad are best friends. It is so clear when you are around them. In fact, when I am with both of them and one of them is trying to tell a story it is a battle. I have to stop them and say, "only one person tell me the story," because they finish each other's sentences. My mom challenges me to be patient and compromise.
Happy Birthday Mom!

0 comments: